- Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for network design, implementation, security and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Evaluate and resolve network and processor problems using network analysis tools.
- Proactively identify potential issues in the production environment and help recommend potential solutions.
- Evaluate network performance using hardware and software diagnostic tools.
- Evaluate network changes for operational impact.
- Participate in designing, planning and installation of new networks and hardware.
- Make security recommendations for approval of major network installations.
- Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure network infrastructure meets all user requirements and security regulations.
- Draft technical documentation of network issue resolution, changes, and infrastructure.
- Evaluate complex network requirements and resolve and/or recommend enhancements for LAN-, WAN-, and Internet-related connectivity issues
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Analyze current products and recommend changes/upgrades to senior management.
- Identify, assess, and develop detailed requirements for upgrading networks as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- BS in Computer Science / Network Engineering (or related career field)
- CCNA / CCNP
- 8570 Compliant / Network+ / Security+
- 5 years’ network administration and engineering experience
- Army operational networking experience (WAN/LAN connectivity) a plus
- Experience administering Unix systems (preferably Linux).
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls
- VMware NSX and VPN technologies
- Network tracing and troubleshooting (Wireshark, Fiddler)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and hands-on experience with network configurations.
- experience with DoD systems (Cyber/ISR Systems Preferred)
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
Job Type: Full-time
Location: APG, MD and Herndon, VA
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Back to Top