Virtualization Engineer – IaaS (Hanover)
- Collaborates with engineering teams to assess, support, and extend vendor developed APIs.
- Participates in performance profiling to firmware deployment, working closely with vendor deployment automation and data platform teams to ensure computational resources can be managed efficiently and effectively.
- Oversees developed or purchase software solutions that manage the delivery of compute resources to fielded and database systems.
- Understands how to integrate, automate, and virtualize within common virtualization platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat Virtualization, etc.
- Understands container technologies and orchestrators (Kubernetes) and can use this understanding to automate the management of container-based microservice applications across multiple clusters.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise to system engineering, system development, and test teams by developing and presenting verbal presentations of design approach, status, tools, techniques, processes, procedures, and methodologies.
- Documents integration designs, strategies, tools, issues, resolutions, and techniques.
- BS in Computer Science / System Engineering (or related career field)
- 8570 Compliant / Sec+
- 3+ years software integration and application administration experience for complex computer systems including 3rd party software integration.
- Experience administering Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Solid understanding of operating system fundamentals.
- Solid skills and experience in some (ideally all) of the following:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Windows, ESXi/VMware
- Puppet scripting, PowerShell, Python
- Experience with designing, building, and testing web APIs (e.g. REST, websockets)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience with DevOps tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, BitBucket, Git, Nexus)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Mercurial, Git)
- Hands-on experience with hardware selection, installation, and maintenance.
- Experience with DoD systems (Cyber/ISR Systems Preferred)
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Openings in Hanover, MD
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Back to Top